[Clusterusers] fly's hardware problem

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Mon Dec 21 10:08:29 EST 2015

Hello all,
    I rebooted fly again - it is not fixed yet, though it is up and
running currently. I will probably take it down later today to try
removing one of the CPU's to see if it is the problem. This should
result in less than 10 minutes of downtime, and jobs should resume where
they left off, so no need to hold off launching renders or whatever. My
current theory is that CPU #2 is faulty. It could also be a bad power
supply. I'll keep you updated.

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group