[Clusterusers] Fly load

Jaime Davila jjdCCS at hampshire.edu
Mon Dec 14 11:12:34 EST 2015

Remember when all the CPU power we had was 7 suns?!

On 12/14/2015 11:05 AM, Lee Spector wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> If we can upgrade the sun then we should be all set :-)
>
>  -Lee
>

>> On Dec 14, 2015, at 10:58 AM, Wm. Josiah Erikson
>> <wjerikson at hampshire.edu <mailto:wjerikson at hampshire.edu>> wrote:
>>
>> It was a wacky kernel bug that caused one of the CPU's to lock up. It
>> was probably because of sunspots :) Everything should be back now.
>>     -Josiah
>>

>> On 12/13/15 8:31 AM, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
>>> Hi all, last night while I was sleeping fly's load spiked to over
>>> 1000. I don't know why. Now it is entirely unresponsive.
>>> Unfortunately I am in northern New Hampshire and will not be back
>>> until the middle of the day on Monday, at which point I will
>>> definitely take a look if it hasn't rebooted itself by then.
>>> --
>>> Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

>> --
>> Wm. Josiah Erikson
>> Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group
>> System Administrator, School of CS
>> Hampshire College
>> Amherst, MA 01002
>> (413) 559-6091
>
> --
> Lee Spector, Professor of Computer Science
> Acting Dean, School of Cognitive Science
> Director, Institute for Computational Intelligence
> Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
> lspector at hampshire.edu <mailto:lspector at hampshire.edu>,
> http://hampshire.edu/lspector/, 413-559-5352

Jaime Davila
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Hampshire College, School of Cognitive Science
http://hampshire.edu/jdavila/
=== N.B. I sign my emails electronically with a publicly available key.
=== To verify the authenticity of this email,
=== install PGP software for your email client
=== and retrieve public key for address jdavila at hampshire.edu