[Clusterusers] Fly mostly back up, but don't trust the power...

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 28 15:15:13 EST 2014

Hi guys,
    We blew one of the main breakers on campus during the crazy up/down,
so we're running the whole campus from the Hadley side. We may (probably
will) see another blip when they flip us back after replacing the
other-side breaker, and I don't know when that will be. So, fly is
mostly back up, but if the runs are important and shouldn't be
interrupted, I'd hold off for a little while.
    Best-laid plans... I don't really blame them - I've never in my life
seen a power company supply power in 1-second intervals for 2 hours
straight.... I don't even understand how that could happen.

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group