[Clusterusers] Fwd: May 14: training session on using Umass MGHPCC cluster

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Thu May 8 16:44:38 EDT 2014

Some of you have UMass affiliations and could certainly take advantage of this.

Hampshire is a participant in a proposal for a new chunk of the cluster, but we don't yet know if that'll be funded... but my guess is that Hampshire people could go to this training anyway. If it's funded then all of us will suddenly have a great new resource and it'd be fantastic if some of us were already up to speed.

Unfortunately I have a conflict and won't be able to go.

 -Lee

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Jim Kurose <kurose at cs.umass.edu>
> Subject: May 14: training session on using Umass MGHPCC cluster
> Date: May 6, 2014 at 1:30:56 PM EDT
> To: facultyplus at cs.umass.edu
>

> Folks,
>
> Most of you have probably heard about the MGHPCC and UMass' shared 4000-core cluster that is available for (free) general use (see the FAQ at mghpcc.umass.edu for Amherst-campus-specific info).
>
> There will be a training session in Worcester on May 14 for people who want to use the UMass cluster (see email below).  I know there are a couple of people planning to go, so it might be possible to carpool.
>
> Jim

Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/