[Clusterusers] Power outage

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Thu Apr 3 10:49:31 EDT 2014

Two, actually, shortly after each other, which means I have to go
manually bootstrap the reinstall of many of the cluster nodes that are
down, since they died halfway through install. SUCK.
The electrician knows.
Bad timing. So sorry. I'll get on it as soon as I go make sure the Cole
server room AC is working.

     -Josiah

On 4/3/14 10:47 AM, Thomas Helmuth wrote:
> Looks like there was another power outage either this morning or
> overnight? Most of the cluster is offline right now.
>
> -Tom
>

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Wm. Josiah Erikson
> <wjerikson at hampshire.edu <mailto:wjerikson at hampshire.edu>> wrote:
>
>     We appear to have just experienced a power outage, resulting in
>     non-UPS nodes going down.
>
>     I don't know why yet, but will check in. I'm off campus, so
>     anything that doesn't come back up on its own will have to wait
>     until tomorrow.
>
>     --
>     -----
>     Wm. Josiah Erikson
>     Head, Systems and Networking
>     Hampshire College
>     Amherst, MA 01002

Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group
System Administrator, School of CS
(413) 559-6091