[Clusterusers] Another power blip at 4:20PM

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 4 18:01:47 EDT 2013

I think I can buy enough batteries, combined with old but still
functional UPSes from elsewhere on campus, to ride the cluster through
this stuff for around $2K. We have it in the cluster budget and it seems
like maybe it's the best use of those funds? Any thoughts? I'm getting a
bit tired of this....

On the other hand, we have the power company's attention. They were on
campus today, and I was asked for a full list of when and where these
were occurring, which I provided, and they are looking into it. They're
unaware of any issues - so as of now, it still seems that nobody knows
why this is happening.

--
-----
Wm. Josiah Erikson