[Clusterusers] request for CPU time

Jaime Davila jjdCCS at hampshire.edu
Fri Jun 28 08:00:31 EDT 2013

HMMM. Interesting. One consequence of that is that the system ends up
penalizing tasks that have been parallelized, since those are going to
be seen by tractor as a bunch of small tasks, as opposed to a single big
one. I've spent several months turning the breve evaluation of a genetic
population into something that spreads the evaluation of separate
individuals across the cluster, and I'm planning on writing up how I did
it. I would be glad to share whatever I learned from that process with
others, which will probably apply even outside of breve, if they want to
parallelize.