[Clusterusers] Wacky brownout

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 3 15:48:43 EST 2013

There was a loud bang from the roof (I think the A/C unit, but unsure),
and then we had a voltage drop or spike or something, and even though
everything is on UPS, a random smattering of cluster nodes on different
UPSes rebooted. That obviously shouldn't happen - I guess maybe those
UPSes aren't as awesome as they should be... but it's the ones that I
thought were the good ones that "failed" in this situation. Anyway, Tom,
that's why some of your runs crashed - you should be able to restart
them safely.

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group