[Clusterusers] power outage

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Fri Aug 9 10:32:18 EDT 2013

I'm sending Shawna over.... thanks for the offer!
Rack 2 was only down because when the nodes rebuild, they don't bring
the tractor-blade up on first reboot, for a reason I haven't bothered to
figure out yet, because sometimes that's actually kindof nice (and other
times it's totally annoying). If you see nodes up in ganglia and not in
the tractor monitor, you can always become root and execute "tentakel
/etc/init.d/tractor-blade start" and it will bring up tractor-blade on
all the nodes (and just "fail" on the nodes that it's already running
on).... it'll say "remote command timed out" on all of them, but it
actually worked, as you'll see when you go back to the tractor monitor
and see your blades coming up....
OK now I really must go pack.... :)
     -Josiah