[Clusterusers] node 18 and Welcome!

Ryan rdmCCS at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 13 08:33:46 EDT 2004

Hey everybody, thanks for joining the list! Eric, Jaime, and Richard,
please sign up for the list. On to business...

node 18 suffered a kernel panic...it's up now, let's keep an eye on it.

I need to schedule one day of down time for a hardware upgrade and a
backup of data on the master node. Unless I hear otherwise, this time will
be: October 22nd 8:00 AM to noon. Any jobs left running at this time will
be killed.

Eric has brought up the need to get our scheduler running. I will
coordinate with Chris to get Alfred going.

As some of you may know, my job here at Hampshire has shifted somewhat.
These changed are partly due to my need to spend more time on the cluster
and other server systems in ASH, projects like the plasma screen in the
lobby, getting the ERP lab up to speed, and upgrading the data network in
ASH. Hopefully these changes will foster more improvments with the cluster
and it's operations.

Ryan Moore
Network and Systems Engineer | Hampshire | 413.559.6091 | ASH 213