{InfoBar} Upcoming Break Periods and Other Reminders

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 30 10:37:46 EDT 2022

Hello All,

Here are reminders about schedules and procedures:

*October Break*
This is to remind you all that the library is open regular hours through
October Break  and you are all expected to work your regular shifts.  If
you are going away for break, please remember to get subs for any shifts
that you will miss.

*Thanksgiving Break*
The library will be open reduced hours through the week of Thanksgiving.
We would like to be open until midnight with regular hours on Tuesday,
11/22.  Work is OPTIONAL on Wednesday, 11/23, and you will not be expected
to work your regular shifts.  The library, and the college, close at noon
that day.  The library will then be closed Thursday-Saturday, 11/24-11/26.
We will reopen with regular hours on Sunday, 11/27.  Sunday Weekend Two
students will be expected to work or find subs.  Don't be shy about  taking
extra shifts to cover sub requests, especially if you will lose shifts
while we are closed during Thanksgiving break.

*Requests - Stamp All Slips*
This is a reminder to stamp all slips placed in books that go on the hold
shelf, even the handwritten green slips.  Nebraska needs the date the item
was received in order to know if it has already been on the hold shelf for
7 days.  While they can look this information up, it is a lot easier to
know which day an item was placed on the hold shelf.

*Placing Items on the Hold Shelf*
Please read the prompts in FOLIO carefully.  Last week Nebraska found a
book that was supposed to have been sent to a Smith patron on our hold
shelf.  Please make sure to pack all books going out to 5C libraries in the
blue bins as soon as you check them in.

*5C Returns*
And speaking of 5C returns and requests, we no longer put these on the
labeled shelves next to the hold shelf. I found that someone had placed
some 5C returns on those shelves over the weekend.  Since we have ample
room in the blue bins, please do put 5C returns and requests in them as the
items are scanned.

Please check in with me, Nebraska, or Matt if you have questions about any
of the topics addressed in this email.

Thank you,

Suzanne

---