{InfoBar} MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE COMPUTER SCREEN WHEN CHECKING IN ITEMS!

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Mar 24 13:37:13 EDT 2022

Hi Everyone,

In the past 2 days books have gotten checked in and the hold popup
messages were ignored.  How do I know this?  For one, a Hampshire book
that had a hold request at Smith ended up on our return cart instead of
being sent to Smith. Smith staff contacted me and asked me to send the
book to their library.  Then, I was contacted by MH staff to let me know
that 2 MH books that were sent back to MH in today's 5C delivery had
active holds and should have gone on the Hampshire hold shelf.  In both
instances, it means that the person checking in books at the InfoBar was
not paying attention and they did not see the hold popup go across the
screen.  PLEASE DO WATCH THE SCREEN AS YOU ARE CHECKING ITEMS IN,
OTHERWISE YOU MISS THESE VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGES AND BOOKS DON'T GO
WHERE THEY SHOULD!

If you scan a book and you see the hold popup but you don't catch the
name, please go to the item tab and look up the item to see the patron's
name.  I pasted in a screen shot below.  Don't forget, if it is a 5C
book you have to Connect to the item's home library first before you can
scan the barcode in the Item tab.  If you are not sure where to find any
of these screens, please ask me or Matt for a demo.

Thanks,

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Access Services Supervisor