{InfoBar} IMPORTANT: Leak Checks and Gallery Access

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Mon Mar 7 14:05:22 EST 2022

Hi Everyone,

We are supposed to get heavy rain overnight tonight.  I ask that the
students working tonight pay attention close attention to the areas of
the 3rd floor that leak during head counts, and let me know if you find
any active leaks.  The places to pay the most attention to are the aisle
by carrel 62, and the corner by the HQ section.  Staff normally try to
keep track of leaks while we are on duty, but until we have an evening
supervisor I ask for your help in keeping track of the leaks.

Also, you might have noticed a bunch of instruments in the gallery.
Omeed Goodarzi is setting up Anarchestra, which he describes as "we set
up all 200 instruments somewhere on campus, give a short presentation on
them where I would discuss the philosophical concepts that inspired
their construction, then invite students and faculty to come play them.
The presentation will cover are the sonic materialisms of Deleuze,
Spinoza and Manuel de Landa positioning these thinkers as key
touchstones that greatly influenced their creator's concept of an
orchestra designed for non musicians as a microcosm for how a new
utopian society could relate to one another."

The regular hours for Anarchestra will be 8am-5pm.  I am writing to
alert you to the fact that Omeed will be having some events in the
evening and you may be asked to open the gallery for them.  Omeed does
not have a record in Aleph, so if they come and ask you for the key, you
can give them #105 or #108, and just leave me a note that you did so.
Haley Aronow is also a student who will be leading an event on Monday
nights from 7-10.  There is a note in Haley's Aleph record mentioning
that she may borrow these same keys.

If you have any questions about the information in this email please let
me know.  I also want to reiterate that you can always call me if you
encounter a problem or a question you can't answer, when there is no
evening supervisor on duty.  My cell is 413-478-1619.  If you can't
reach me you can try Matt at 413-768-8703.  Don't forget that we keep a
copy of the InfoBar contact list in the head count binder if you ever
need to contact a staff person.

Thanks for your help covering evening shifts, particularly while we
search for a replacement for Sam's position.  Here's an update, we
expect the job to be posted today, and we will hopefully have a new
staff person on board in a little over a month.

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Access Services Supervisor