{InfoBar} Extra Students for Tomorrow, Friday, 2/4, If the College Closes

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 3 13:44:06 EST 2022

Hello Everyone,

We are due to get sleet and snow overnight and in to the morning.  If
the college closes tomorrow due to the bad weather, library staff will
not come to campus, but we will try to keep the library open with
student workers.

We only have one student scheduled per shift tomorrow from 9am-6pm, and
as you know, we should have two students working when there are no
supervisors on campus.  I am writing to ask if any of you would be
willing to come in tomorrow to be the 2nd student on duty, only if the
college closes and staff do not come to campus.  Please let me know if
you would be willing to work either 9am-noon, noon-3, or 3-6.  If the
college closes and we don't have two students working throughout the
day, we will have to stay closed for the day.  We do try to keep the
library open since most of our students live on campus.

How will you know if the college is closed tomorrow?  If you signed up
for emergency notifications on the Hub (and everyone should definitely
sign up for these notifications), you would receive a phone call and a
text telling you that the college is closed.  An important announcement
email is generated at the same time.  If the college closes, supervisors
will not be driving on to campus.  If there is a delay until 10 or 11am,
we will just open the library at that time.

I ask that only returning students volunteer for the 9am-noon shift, as
Blythe will only be working her second shift and I would like a more
seasoned student working with her.  Once I know who might be working
tomorrow, I will contact Campus Safety with the names of those students.
 Campus Safety would then unlock and then close the library for the
students who work.  I will send more specific instructions regarding
opening procedures to the students who expect to be working at 9:00.

Please contact me if you have any questions about this email, and if you
would like to volunteer to be on standby in case the college closes.

Thank you,

Suzanne, 413-478-1619

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Access Services Supervisor