{InfoBar} Some Library Reminders and Announcements

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 10 14:50:25 EDT 2021

Hello All,

Thanks for a crazy but productive first week at the InfoBar!  Here are
some reminders and announcements for the InfoBar:

 	* For those of you who were aware, our missing key mystery has been
solved.  There were two keys on one fob, which was why the other was
empty.

 	* There are five students working in the Student Diagnostic Center on
the 3rd floor.  They are all authorized to borrow Key #103.  Each one of
these students has a note in their patron record that says this.  Sam
and I will be checking with each student next week to make sure you know
how to check patron records to loan keys, and that you know the
procedure for getting in to the key box.  And just so you have it, the
code to the key box is 8537.

 	* We started patron head counts this week, and I wasn't good about
remembering them at the beginning of the week.  Sam and I will be
reminding you to do them once an hour on the half hour, and you will log
the counts in the black binder at the InfoBar.

 	*  I want to remind you that you should not be using your cell phones
at the InfoBar.  Keeping your head down while texting makes you look
unapproachable to patrons.

 	* I did receive clarification that eating is only allowed in the
dining commons, Kern, the Bridge, in private offices, or outside.  No
one is supposed to be eating in the Bridge or the HSU room.  Sam made
some really great signs reminding patrons of this, and I put one on
every table in the APL, besides other locations.  Please remind patrons
of this policy if you see them eating, and let me or Sam know if anyone
gives you a hard time about this.  You can also direct patrons to this
Covid-19 Policy Reminders announcement [1] that was emailed to us all
today for more information .

 	* Students have been asking about applying for carrels, which are the
study desks on the 2nd and 3rd floors.  Students may now apply,  and you
can direct them to Sam's announcement [2] on the intranet for more
information.

 	* Please submit your time card before 1:30 p.m. on Monday.  I will be
off on Monday, but checking email and approving time cards throughout
the weekend.

Sam and I will be using checklists next week to review what each of you
has learned in the last week.  Every shift was different, and there may
be gaps in what we've shown you.  We will try to close those gaps next
week.

Thank you, and have a good weekend!

Access Services Supervisor

Links: