[Circulation] IMPORTANT: In-Library Use Only ILL Books

Olivia Rossetti orossetti at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 27 10:16:32 EST 2020

Dear all,

It's come to my attention that a couple of *ILL books that were
designated as in-library use only have made their way out of the
library*. These books are on loan from the Library of Congress, which
has very strict loan regulations, and it's very important to follow them.

Though it's not very common for ILL books to need to stay in the
library, it does sometimes happen. When that is needed, I write a note
that says *"in library use only" on the book's wrapping, and also
highlight it for emphasis. *This note is as much for the patron as for you.

When this note is present, *please explain to the patron that book
cannot leave the library, and it will be kept for them behind the
InfoBar until the due date for them to use in the building at their
leisure*. If I'm on the desk at the time, I'm happy to have that chat,
and will usually try to preemptively jump in to explain the policy on my
own. In the cases when I'm not around, I'm relying on all of you to make
sure that these books stay safe in the building, so that we may continue
borrowing from the Library of Congress for many years to come!

Warmly,
Olivia

--
Olivia Rossetti