[Circulation] IMPORTANT: Five College Holds

Olivia Rossetti orossetti at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 26 13:53:46 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

I wanted to send out a quick reminder about processing Five College
holds, as we have found several problems this semester.

 1. *Keep track of which books have and have been checked in as you are
    processing*. We have found several books on the hold shelf that had
    not been properly checked in, so they weren't actually officially on
    hold, and patrons weren't notified to pick them up.

 2. *Watch the screen as you are checking books in*. Hampshire books
    getting checked back in may have pop up alerts telling you that they
    need to go on hold for one of our patrons, and not watching the
    screen will lead to the book being put on re-shelving carts instead
    of the hold shelf. This recently happened to a book that I
    requested, which is how I discovered this was an issue.

 3. *Please stamp all received books.* This isn't necessarily vital, but
    makes my life a lot easier when I'm sending books back home after
    they have been on our shelf for a week without being checked out.

That's all! As always, please reach out with any questions.

Warmly,
Olivia

--
Olivia Rossetti