[Circulation] Shelf reading - change to what items to bring down

Sam Sharp ssharp at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 14 12:09:39 EST 2020

Hi guys!

I want to make some changes to the criteria for which damaged
books/books with worn labels you should bring down from the stacks while
shelf reading. We're going to have to prioritize what needs the most
help because we aren't presently able to fix everything.

First, because we don't currently have someone able to do repairs on
books, please only bring down books that are seriously falling apart to
the point that we might consider replacing them.

And second, when it comes to call numbers, please only bring down labels
where at least one character is entirely illegible or completely worn
away. If the call number label is very nearly falling off, this would
also be okay to bring down.

All books in lesser degrees of disrepair will need to remain in the
stacks for the time being. However, please continue to bring down books
that are shelved far from where they're supposed to be, as well as any
books from the 5 Colleges you may find.

All the best,
Sam

--

/Sam Sharp (she/her)
Access Services Associate: Evening Supervisor