[Circulation] Elevator Today

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 17 15:53:27 EDT 2019

Hello All,

The north elevator is stuck on the ground floor. The doors will not open
so we cannot go in and shut off that elevator. Because that elevator
appears to be active, the south elevator will not go to the ground floor
when someone on the ground floor calls it. The south elevator can be
called from any other floor. Because of this predicament, I put a sign
on the call buttons on the ground floor telling patrons to call the
InfoBar if they need to use the elevator. I am then asking that one of
us ride the elevator down to get the patron. You should stay in the
elevator until the patron gets on and then ride back up to the first
floor. I do have a work order placed, but I do not have confirmation of
when the elevator repair company is coming. We might have to do this
today and tomorrow.

Thanks for your help with this.