[Circulation] Call for More Students to Work Sunday, 1/20

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 16 13:41:15 EST 2019

Hi All,

I am writing to see if anyone else can commit to working Sunday from
either 10-2 or 2-6. There is the potential for a significant storm of
snow turning to ice and or rain, and then back to snow. I am trying to
plan in case Sydney can't make it on campus to open Sunday. I am looking
for two students to work the 10-2 shift and two students to work 2 - 6.
If Sydney is not able to make it in our new campus safety officers are
willing to open the library for student workers. I would like to have
students in place ASAP so that I can let campus safety know our snow
plan and schedule. I also want to post our hours in the daily
announcements. I don't want to do so though, until I know for sure that
we have enough students to keep us open.

I did also find out from campus safety that housing will be willing to
let students back in to their rooms on Saturday, instead of Sunday, if
you contact them ahead of time and tell them you want to come to campus
a day earlier to beat the bad weather. If you have not taken a shift
Sunday because you fear the bad weather, please consider coming Saturday
to get in ahead of the storm.

Thanks,