[Circulation] Temporary Schedule

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Jan 15 15:11:13 EST 2019

Hi All,

First, please know that staff and faculty are just as stunned as you
must be to have gotten Mim's announcement this morning. We are all a bit
shell-shocked and I'm sure we will be for some time. For now we will
continue on with business as usual.

The temporary schedule begins on Sunday. I am looking for one student to
work 10-2, and one to work 2-6. We also need two students to cover after
Sydney leaves, so I'd like one student to work 5:30 - 10 and another to
work 6 - 10. A wrinkle in this plan is that snow is predicted for
sometime Saturday night into Sunday. For this reason I ask that students
only take Sunday shifts if you are on or near campus to make sure that
you will be able to get to work. We are closely watching the weather
forecast. If it seems like it will be so bad that Sydney might not make
it in I may ask for 2 students for all of the shifts, but that call
would come later in the week.

I am also looking for students to commit to working on Monday, 1/21,
Martin Luther King Day. We will also be open until 10pm that night.
Shifts for the weekday shifts will be 9am - 12:30pm, 12:30pm - 4pm,
4-7pm, and 7-10pm. I do need 2 students on the 4-7 and 7-10 shifts.
Please work Monday night if you can. I am planning on working Monday,
but if there aren't enough students scheduled for the evening I will end
up working the night rather than day shift.

We will be on the temporary schedule through next Monday, 1/28. We will
have the schedule meeting that night. We will be open until 10pm each
night until the 28th. I've attached a copy of the temporary schedule
with the shifts drawn in. You may stop by to sign up or email me to put
shifts on the schedule for you. I will put email requests for shifts on
the schedule in the order I receive them.

Thanks, and please contact me if you have questions about this email.