[Circulation] Time Cards / Hampshire Media Policy / Calling When Late /Congratulations Tierra! / Supervisor Schedules Next Week

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 1 15:03:44 EST 2019

Hello All,

Don't forget to submit your TIME CARD for hours worked through Saturday.
Over break payroll decided to change the student time card deadline so
you now have until 1:30 on Monday to submit yours. Don't forget to log
the time you spent at the schedule meeting - you will be paid for that!

I've attached a copy of the campus MEDIA POLICY to this email. According
to a SAN email press have already been spotted on campus, and there may
be an even heavier presence once an announcement is made as to whether
or not a vote was taken and whether or not we will take a fall class.
Per the media policy, reporters must have approval to be on campus and
they must be escorted by a member of our Communications department. I've
been told by John Courtmanche that Communications staff have been told
to always have their ID's with them, but here is a link [1] to their
page and all but one staff photo is posted there. If you see press in
the library who are not with Communications staff, please call campus
safety at x-5424. They will dispatch an officer who will inform the
reporter of the campus media policy and they will put them in contact
with the Communications department. You are free to speak to reporters,
but heed the warnings of the SAN email and the media policy which
mention that students have been misquoted in the past and that students
and staff who have been quoted have been subject to public scrutiny on
social media.

I want to remind you all that IF YOU WILL BE LATE FOR A SHIFT YOU MUST
CALL THE INFOBAR TO LET THE STAFF PERSON ON DUTY KNOW. The InfoBar
number is 413-559-5440. You should all list it as a contact in your
phones. Please do not text or email me, Tierra, or Sydney directly. If
we are in a meeting or have a day off we may not get your message right
away and the people who are currently staffing the desk will be
wondering where you are.

Lastly, PLEASE WISH TIERRA WELL THIS WEEKEND AS SHE IS GETTING MARRIED
2/10! She will be working today and tomorrow, and then out all of next
week and Tuesday - Thursday of the following week. That means that it is
imperative that everyone show up for their evening shifts to ensure that
we have 2 students working since there will be no supervisors on duty. I
am taking Monday off and Sydney is working 8- 4 that day. If you have
questions that have to be answered in the evening call or text me. I
will be checking email sporadically through the weekend and I don't
check it much in the evening while I am working at my restaurant, but I
will answer calls and texts quickly.

Thank you, and have a good weekend,

Links:
------