[Circulation] Do You Want to Work at the Library This Summer?

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Apr 25 11:36:26 EDT 2018

Hello All,

The library employs two students through the summer, and I've hire one
of those 2 positions so far. Ideally I like to hire current student
workers to cut down on training. Please let me know if you are
interested in applying for the 2nd open position.

The job runs from May 21 - Labor Day and is full time, 35 hours. The
schedule is mostly Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30, although we are open
Sundays and until 6pm while summer classes are in session in June. We do
all of the usual daily stuff: pulling books for 5C holds and processing
the incoming requests, reshelving, inventory, shelf-reading, dusting the
shelves in the stacks. I have not yet been notified of larger library
projects, but they can pop up with little notice. The job can be tedious
and physical at times because we sometimes shift parts of the collection
in the summer. Pay is minimum ($11/hour), you are scheduled for an
8-hour day with a 1-hour unpaid lunch. You are not paid for holidays
such as Memorial Day and July 4. Because you are paid out of a work
study line, I cannot hire May grads (sorry!) and I can only hire
students who are enrolled for fall.

Let me know if you are interested in working here this summer and if you
need more information about the job. Also, I have not had a lot of
inquiries about the summer job yet, so if you have friends who are
looking for jobs do have them contact me to let me know they are
interested.

Thanks,