[Circulation] Last Required Day of Work / Key Loans

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 9 21:26:30 EDT 2018

Hi All,

THE LAST DAY OF WORK FOR THIS SEMESTER WILL BE SUNDAY, MAY 13.   If you
plan on leaving campus before then please do post for subs. Work will be
optional from the 14th through Commencement and I will be posting a
temporary schedule for that soon. By the way, I will be putting the late
shift schedule tomorrow.

I tell you often that I run reports for key supervisors and that I can
see when keys are returned without being checked out. I've pasted in the
current report that I am emailing the film/photo supervisor. I am
embarrassed to let him know that twice in the past week the key got
returned without being checked out to a patron. These transactions
appear as Return of Item Not on Loan in the Event Type. Because the 3rd
such transaction happened a minute after the 2nd one, I take this to
mean the key was on the counter and got scanned twice, and not that it
was out without being checked out. I WANT TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO
REMIND YOU ALL THAT AFTER YOU CHECK THE NOTE IN THE PATRON RECORD, MAKE
SURE THE CURSOR IS FLASHING IN THE ITEM FIELD AND THAT THE KEY NAME AND
DUE DATE/TIME DISPLAY AFTER YOU SCAN THE BARCODE, OTHERWISE THE KEY DID
NOT ACTUALLY CHECK OUT, EVEN THOUGH THE SCANNER BEEPED.  Please do be
careful with the key loans - supervisors have the right to know who was
in their building when and it is unfortunate when we cannot account for
their keys at all times.

Thanks for your help with this,