[Circulation] MANDATORY SCHEDULE MEETING MONDAY, 9/11 AND OTHER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 8 14:59:59 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Welcome back to returning students and welcome to our new coworkers:
Adeline, Amelia, Elijah, Maya, Shelby & Zachary. We welcome back Desta,
Lenka, and Rahim, who worked in past semesters. I think we have a good
crew and I look forward to working with you all this semester. Now, down
to business:

Schedule Meeting Monday, 9/11 @ 5:30pm, in the Knowledge Commons
Classroom
The mandatory schedule meeting will take place on Monday. We will be
meeting in the new classroom, this is the room that is past the 1st
floor restroom. Please bring your schedules so that you know your work
availability. You'll pick your shifts first, then we'll dine on Sibie's
pizza. I do choose some meat and veggie options. If you are not able to
attend the meeting, you may email me your schedule and your shift
preferences and I can draw numbers and pick shifts for you. The schedule
that you pick becomes effective on Tuesday, 9/12. You will work those
shifts throughout the entire fall semester. Next weekend, 9/16 & 9/17,
will be Weekend One.

Mandatory All Library Department Student Worker Orientation Friday,
9/22, 2:30-3:30pm in the APL
We will be having an orientation session for students working in all
library departments two weeks from today. Refreshments will be served
and you will get a chance to meet most library staff and student workers
from other departments. Attendance is mandatory, even for returning
workers. You will also get to meet the alumni fellows and explore the
Knowledge Commons, if you haven't by that time.

Work Contracts
Please stop by the InfoBar and fill out an employment contract if you
are a returning student and have not yet done so. You can slip it in the
envelope on the shared staff desk once the contract is completed.

Positions Filled
If applicants ask, we are done accepting applications. There is a slight
chance not all the slots will get filled at the schedule meeting Monday,
but I have plenty of applicants to draw from.

Carrel Deadline Wednesday, 9/13
Lots of students have been asking about applications for library
carrels. You can point them to this link [1] for more information. If
they still have questions, please direct them to Natane.

Andrea Wright Collection
Returning workers will notice a new collection on the side of CORC and
next to the 3rd floor lab. This is the Andrea Wright / Womens' Lives
Collection. You will notice "Andrea Wright" on the spine labels above
the call number, just like Kael and Seydel. We did not make a separate
reshelving cart for them, please put them before the Q books on the Q-Z
cart.

APL/Knowledge Commons
Just through this weekend, the APL will be locked when the library
closes. The APL will be open 24/7 beginning next Monday. I am not
entirely sure yet when the Knowledge Commons will be 24/7, but I will
let you know when I find out.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday night. If you
email me over the weekend or Monday I may not have a chance to answer
much before the schedule meeting. I am scheduled for jury duty on Monday
but hope that I will not have to serve.

Have a good weekend!

Links:
------