[Circulation] SNOWSTORM TOMORROW, THURSDAY!

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 8 10:50:13 EST 2017

 Hi All,

There is a sizable snowstorm predicted for tomorrow and we are expecting
8-12 inches to fall throughout the day. Because of the timing of this
storm there is a good possibility that the college will close and
classes will be canceled. When the college closes staff do not come to
campus either, so the library would have to be opened by Campus Police
and staffed solely by students. If staff do not come in we will
tentatively be open from 9am - 6pm. This is to remind all Thursday
students that it is imperative that you be here for your shifts so that
we can meet the staffing minimum of 2 students per shift in the absence
of staff. If you live off campus you may want to post for a sub in case
you are not able to travel to campus. The two students on the opening
shift have been contacted with opening instructions and Campus Police
officers have agreed to do additional walk-throughs of the building
throughout the day.

Thank you for your help keeping us open. What I've laid out is a
tentative plan in case the college closes. I will post announcements
tomorrow confirming our hours if the college does in fact close. Please
do contact me if you have questions about this email.