[Circulation] Swastika Found in the Library: Fwd: Responding to an incident in the Library

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Apr 5 15:15:48 EDT 2017

Hello All,

You should have all just seen the email below from Diana
Sutton-Fernandez, Chief Diversity Officer, regarding the discovery of a
swastika carved in to the wood armrest of one of our couches upstairs. I
take this opportunity to remind you what you should do if you or a
patron notice any vandalism or graffiti in the library directed against
any specific ethnicities or religions. Please report any such
discoveries to the supervisor who is on duty. If it is late at night or
a weekend night, call Campus Police dispatch (413-559-5424) to ask for
an officer to come to the library to investigate and document the
incident. Take photos if you are able, send them to me, and then call me
to tell me what is going on. I would then need to share the information
with our director, Jennifer, and Diana Sutton-Fernandez.

Thank you, and please ask if you have questions about this email.

Suzanne

---