[Circulation] Picking Up Holds / DVD Returns

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:08:53 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I was notified by a MH staff person that they just encountered a
Hampshire student who attempted to pick up a MH hold book at their
library. The student was supposedly told that the hold was waiting
there, and not on our hold shelf. I'm not sure if the student just
misunderstood or if someone here really did misinform her, but please
know that 5C books requested by HC patrons will be delivered here.
Sometimes patrons misunderstand because the hold pick up notice comes
from the owning library, not our library. Please ask if this is unclear.

Also, I've been told by media services that some students are still
bringing dvd returns to media services. Please remember that now that
the dvds are on open shelves outside the reference offices, you are
responsible for reshelving them as soon as they are returned.

Thanks,