[Circulation] InfoBar Phone / Protest Sunday

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Sat Nov 26 14:57:16 EST 2016

Hi All,

Several staff in the library have received phone calls regarding the
removal of the flag. At our director Jennifer's suggestion, we will not
answer the main line at the InfoBar for a while, but rather let the
calls go to voicemail. InfoBar staff will then play back the messages
immediately and return the calls of patrons who really did call for
library assistance. The line will ring 3 rings before voicemail picks
up. If the caller leaves a message the 2nd button up from the bottom, on
the left, will blink. To retrieve the message, pick up the retriever and
press the blinking button. This will speed dial the voicemail system.
The mailbox password is 5440, the extension of the line. After listening
to the message and taking down the caller's information you may press
the K (5) button to keep the voicemail message. I will let you know when
we will answer the phone again. Please do not ignore the voicemails, I
want you to be listening to them and calling back patrons even when
there is not a supervisor on duty.

There is a protest planned by veterans groups tomorrow, Sunday, from 1 -
2. Hopefully this is the only activity we see on campus. If any other
protests spill in to the library when there is not a supervisor working
please call campus police first, and then call me immediately,
413-478-1619.

Thank you, and please do contact me if you have questions about this
email. I am not checking email frequently, so please call or text if you
want to reach me.