[Circulation] Veronica Out Sick Tonight, Friday / Ethiopian Manuscript Seminar Schedule This Weekend

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 11 13:56:41 EST 2016

Hi All,

A couple of messages regarding coverage and events this weekend:

1. Veronica is out sick tonight, Friday, 11/11. I am not yet sure what
time I am leaving the building today, but I need to reinforce that I
need everyone to come in for their regular shifts tonight so that we
maintain the minimum staffing level of 2 students per shift. If you find
between now and your shift that you are not able to work, you will need
to start calling coworkers to cover your shift. I've attached the
contact list to this email for your convenience. I've asked Campus
Police to do walk-throughs of the building tonight since you would
normally have a supervisor on duty. If you see an officer, don't be
alarmed that something bad is happening in the building.

2. The Gallery and Library are hosting an Ethiopian Manuscript Seminar
tonight and tomorrow. I've also attached the schedule of events to this
email. Tonight's panel and dinner take place in the Kern Center.
Tomorrow, the seminar is split between Kern, the Bradford Room, and the
Gallery. Saturday's events begin in Kern, but move to Bradford from
11am-noon. Lunch is in the Gallery at noon. After lunch they move to
Kern, and then they come back to Bradford from 3:15-4:00. You may have
to direct seminar participants to the different buildings and to
Bradford and the Gallery. And don't forget that we have copies of campus
maps (bright green ones) on the InfoBar.

3. We are hopeful that the meds and rest will do Veronica good tonight.
If not, I may be opening the library tomorrow, Saturday. If it comes to
that, I would be contacting students to get additional workers scheduled
so that we would have sufficient coverage since I would not be able to
stay on campus for very long.

4. If you have any emergencies after I leave do call me! I will be
working at the restaurant until at least 10. If you need to contact me,
call the restaurant number first, 413-967-7001. We just say "hello" and
do not identify the business because this is our personal phone line.
Call this number first because I will not be able to answer my cell if I
am taking a phone order or helping a customer. My cell is 413-478-1619,
in case you were not able to get through on the other line.

Thank you, and have a good weekend,