[Circulation] Please Read if You Are Working this Weekend: Information for Grads

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri May 6 13:59:37 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Below is the memo I sent to students who are graduating next week. Here
are the most important things you need to know:

1. Today is the last day graduating students may borrow anything from
the library. If they need to borrow media equipment or keys their record
will need to be updated by me, Rhana, or Karen. Grads will not be able
to borrow books after today.

2. Today was the final due date for grads. Returns are going to be heavy
throughout the weekend. I left extra blue delivery boxes outside the
circ office in case you need to pack returns when the 5C shelves get
full.

3. The key supervisor for film photo, Kane Stewart, pulled they monitor
and div III keys (keys #401, 402, 403) to the film photo building today.
Students who want to get in to that building will need to contact Kane,
Magda Bermudez, or John Gunther.

4.Though today was the final due date for grads, they can still safely
return books through Tuesday without fear of having a library hold on
their accounts, see below.

5. Anyone who wants to talk about fines or charges on their library
account need to talk to me, or to Matt Newman in media services if they
are media charges. Please do not try to interpret the charges in Aleph
to the patrons, this is confusing and inaccurate.

6. I asked carrel users to clear their carrels by Tuesday and let them
know they can borrow library carts if they have that many books to bring
down from their carrels. I also offered copier paper boxes that students
may use to box up their things to carry them out of the library. They
may grab any of the empty boxes from the circ office any time the office
is open.

7. I will be working Sunday from 10-3. Feel free to have students stop
by to see me if they seem to have burning questions tonight or Saturday.

Thanks for your help with this,

Suzanne

---