[Circulation] SCHEDULE MEETING MONDAY AND OTHER REMINDERS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Jan 21 15:37:07 EST 2016

Hi All,

Some important reminders as we start the semester:

1. The mandatory SCHEDULE MEETING will take place Monday, 1/25, at
5:30pm in the Bradford Room on the second floor. As we did in the fall,
you will draw numbers and pick shifts in the order you draw numbers.
After you pick shifts we'll have Sibie's pizza. Please do remember to
bring your class and meeting schedules so that you know your
availability. If you do have a conflict with the meeting please get me a
copy of your schedule and your preferred shifts so that I can choose
shifts for you.

2. You should have recently received an invitation to use GIMLET, or if
you worked last year your login is still valid. We need to be logging
all our questions that we answer at the InfoBar in Gimlet. Rhana, Karen,
Rachel, and I will all be checking in with you to make sure you know how
to log questions in Gimlet.

3. We have been lax about doing PATRON HEAD COUNTS. Please remember to
do them hourly starting at 9:30am and ending at 11:30pm. If you are at
the desk alone and a supervisor is working in the circulation office
please make sure to grab us to watch the desk if we don't remember to
come out. Also, if you are working during a time when you are the only
person at the desk (say your coworker is upstairs shelving), please do
just do a head count of the first floor, and make a notation of that. If
you had forgotten to do a count but remember within 15-20 minutes of
when the count should have been done go ahead and do it. If you remember
any time after that just wait until the next scheduled count.

4. While processing 5 College delivery, I'm asking that you bring the
GREEN BAGS LABELED HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE MEDIA SERVICES to the Media
Services Office. Please do not run them through check in. The dvds that
are sent to us in those bags have been booked by professors and are
handled differently than holds, so please leave them for the media
services staff to process. Just to clarify, these are the olive green
cloth bags. The more padded, brighter green bags that are marked Five
College Delivery - CDs should be opened and the cds should be processed
like regular holds.

5. Patrons have been asking about CARRELS. Students who had carrels this
past fall need to clean them out by Monday, January 25. They will need
to re-apply for the spring, they are not able to renew their carrels.
Library staff will "check in" the carrels from these students accounts
soon, students do not have to do anything themselves to "return" the
carrel. The application for a carrel is on the library webpage:
library.hampshire.edu. Then the patron clicks Library How-To, then Apply
for a carrel. The form is here:
https://intranet.hampshire.edu/forms/viewForm.php?id=1549.

Please ask if you have questions about anything mentioned in this email,
or any aspect of your job!

Thanks,