[Circulation] Important: Coverage at the InfoBar

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 19 12:03:10 EST 2016

Hello All,

This is to reiterate a staffing policy that was instated this semester.
Minimum staffing at the InfoBar should be either: one staff and one
student, two students, or one staff person. No student should ever be
working a shift alone without another student or a staff member. To
clarify, two students don't have to be at the desk at the same time, one
can go away to do other work like head counts or shelving, but two
people do have to be working during the same shift.

BECAUSE OF THIS STAFFING MINIMUM IT IS IMPERATIVE TO MAKE EVERY EFFORT
TO COVER YOUR SHIFTS WHEN YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO WORK. If you post for a
sub and no one immediately responds, you must start contacting coworkers
individually until you find someone who can cover you. A copy of the
contact list is posted on the bulletin board outside the circulation
office and here on the libguide:

 http://libguides.hampshire.edu/content.php?pid=434829&sid=3557894

The responsibility to cover your shifts is yours. If you are having
trouble finding a sub contact me, Rhana, Karen, or Rachel for help.
Students who do not make a good faith effort to cover shifts and who do
not seek supervisor help will receive warnings and possibly be
terminated if shifts are not covered.

Thank you, and please check in with me if you have questions about this
email.