[Circulation] Printing Problems

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Dec 14 10:38:26 EST 2016

Hi All,

This morning when I came in I discovered a note on the left printer
telling people to the left. In the future, I would appreciate a note
from the person who put the sign on it indicating why they did.

Here's what I did to trouble-shoot the problem, which turned out to not
be a problem at all:

- Look at the job list by hitting the Job Status button. There were
about a dozen jobs queued up that "Needed Resources."

-That means 1 of 3 things: the patron ran out of money & could not
complete the job, there was no paper, or the toner ran out.

-First I checked to make sure all the trays had paper. There were no
messages about needing toner. I then started deleting jobs, and after
the first couple the rest of the jobs printed. Sometimes only 1 job will
hold up the rest.

-Please do try to trouble-shoot machines before putting them out of
order.

thanks,