[Circulation] Posting to the Circstaff List - Important

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 22 11:34:38 EDT 2015

Hello All,

I know that most of you really don't like Hampshire webmail and forward
your mail to your Gmail accounts. This creates a problem when you post
to the circstaff list, because you are all subscribed using your
Hampshire email address. When your post comes from a Gmail address, your
message is held and Courtney and I get messages to review the post to
see if it is legitimate because it was sent from an address not
subscribed to the list. This is a problem if you need an emergency sub
and neither Courtney or I are working because your message will not be
pushed to the list until one of us sees it. You have two options to deal
with this: 1. log in to your Hampshire webmail if you intend to post to
the circstaff list, or 2. , THE PREFERRED OPTION, SET UP YOUR GMAIL TO
SEND AS YOUR HAMPSHIRE EMAIL.  TO DO THIS, GO TO SETTINGS, THEN ACCOUNTS
AND IMPORT, AND SEND MAIL AS.  AS STUDENTS  YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE USING
YOUR HAMPSHIRE ADDRESS. Setting up this option in your Gmail will help
with all college correspondence - you don't want to email a professor or
other office and have them delete it because they thought it was spam.

Thank you, and please ask if you have questions about this email.