[Circulation] Fwd: Favorite Poem Project at Frost Library

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 15 08:12:52 EDT 2015

For poetry lovers:

-------- Original Message --------

		SUBJECT:
 		Favorite Poem Project at Frost Library

		DATE:
 		09/14/2015 4:34 pm

		FROM:
 		Sarah Walden <swalden at AMHERST.EDU>

		TO:
 		<FCLIB-L at LISTSERV.AMHERST.EDU>

		REPLY-TO:
 		Five College Libraries <FCLIB-L at LISTSERV.AMHERST.EDU>

Hi Five College library folks,

I just wanted to let you know about an event we're hosting at Amherst
College's Frost Library on October 29th from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m: The
Favorite Poem Project Reading [1]. This should be a really fun
event--we're recruiting 15 people from the college and the community to
read a favorite poem of theirs and talk about why they love it. This
comes out of the Favorite Poem Project [2], an organization that poet
Robert Pinsky started in the late 90s when he served as US Poet
Laureate. He will be reading a poem at our event, too. The reading will
take place in the library's Periodicals Reading Room.

I wanted to ask for your help in recruiting readers. We're accepting
submissions through our open call for readers here:
www.bitly.com/favoritepoem [3] through September 30th. The idea behind
the whole Project [2] is to represent diverse and unexpected voices from
across the community, not just those of poets and writers. We welcome
submissions from people of all ages and backgrounds.

For more information about the event, you can view our event's Facebook
page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/424198664449276/ [1]

If you can help out by sharing our call for readers and Facebook page,
I'd greatly appreciate it! You can also feel free to contact the event
coordinator, Blake Doherty (bdoherty at amherst.edu, or via phone at
413-542-2979), with any questions.

Thank you for your help! I've also attached a flyer with the call for
readers.

Best,

Sarah

---

Sarah Walden

Digital Projects Librarian
 Robert Frost Library

Amherst College

PO Box 2256

Amherst, MA 01002-5000

Tel: (413) 542-2960

Fax: (413) 542-2662

E-mail: swalden at amherst.edu

Five Colleges Libraries Listserv (FCLIB-l)

Post to: fclib-l at listserv.amherst.edu

More info: http://fivecolleges.edu/sites/libraries_dedcc/fclib/ [5]

List admin, if problems: jmjourdain at amherst.edu

Links: