[Circulation] Schedule Meeting and Other Updates

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 2 15:56:32 EDT 2014

Hello All,

I'm happy to have all of you back. Here are some updates as you start
working this semester:

-EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS: You must complete an employment contract before
you can enter time cards on the hub. I will have them available for you
to fill out as of 2:00 this afternoon. Please stop by and sign yours if
you are in the area. The current pay period ends Saturday, so we need
your work contract submitted by Friday morning in order for you to be
paid for any hours you work through Saturday.

-MY OFFICE: I've moved! I now have Abby's former office, so walk all the
way through the circulation office to find me.

-SEYDEL READING ROOM: Take a peak at the new Seydel Reading Room on the
2nd floor. More work needs to be done this weekend on the overhead
lights, so be aware of this in case patrons complain about the darkness
at night. Also, books in the Seydel area display as HC Seydel Collection
in the Location field of the library catalog. All of the books currently
have status of "In Process" which means you will have to have me, Bev,
or Courtney change the status before you will be able to check out
Seydel books. If patrons want to borrow several at a time you should
check with Rachel, Bonnie, or Jennifer first. We would like to have as
many Seydel books on the shelves for the reception celebrating the
opening of the room on the 12th.

-CARRELS ARE NOW ASSIGNED: In order to allow as many students as
possible to take advantage of the carrels we are now assigning them to
students. Div III students, particularly 2nd semester students, will get
priority. More information about the application process can be found
here on our library website:

 https://www.hampshire.edu/library/carrel-request-process

We will be accepting applications through this Friday night. Courtney
and Alana are the primary contacts for questions about the carrels.

-PRINTING: You will notice our lovely new computers on the first floor.
Patrons must now use the arrow keys to choose either the Mac or Windows
operating systems. We are currently having issues printing on the
Windows side, although you may find a machine or two that does print
with it. Our IT staff is working on resolving this issue. In the short
term we have signs on all the computers suggesting that patrons choose
the Mac operating system if they know they will print. I will let you
know when the printing issue is fixed.

-SCHEDULE MEETING MONDAY, 9/8, 5:30P.M.: Thank you to those of you who
have already signed up for hours on the temporary schedule. We will have
our meeting to determine the permanent fall schedule on Monday at
5:30p.m. Please note that Massachusetts minimum wage gets raised to
$9/hour on January 1. That means that the amount of money you can earn
will remain the same but you will earn it by working less hours. We're
going to schedule you all for 8.5 hours each.

Please ask if you have questions about anything contained in this email.

Thank you,