[Circulation] REPLACING TONER IN THE COPIERS, FOUND KEYS, LEAVING STAFF NOTES

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 6 10:18:46 EDT 2014

Hello All,

Some reminders:

-REPLACING TONERS IN THE COPIERS: This morning I came in and found the
left copier with an out of order sign on it because it was out of toner.
This is the reminder that it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REPLACE TONER
CARTRIDGES! Spare cartridges are in the small wood cabinet to the right
of where the librarians sit at the InfoBar (next to the reshelving
carts). There is a guide on the front of the cabinet to let you know
which model number toner goes in which copier. The cartridges are super
easy to replace - open the front cover of the copier and pull out the
old cartridge. Push the new cartridge in, there is a big arrow on the
cartridge to let you know which way it goes in. Please write the word
Used on the box and leave the box on the staff desk. I then take the
empty box to Duplications where they send the cartridge off to be
recycled and give me a new toner in return.

-KEYS IN LOST AND FOUND: Keys should never be placed in our Lost and
Found! If you find campus keys at night you should leave them on the
staff desk with a note where they were found. I've spoken with the
housing office and they prefer for us to mail campus keys to them. They
can tell by the numbers on the keys who they belong to. FOR SECURITY
PURPOSES PLEASE DO NOT POST FOUND KEYS ON THE INTRANET'S  LOST AND FOUND
BOARD.  FOR NON-HAMPSHIRE KEYS, PLEASE CALL CAMPUS POLICE AT X-5424 FOR
AN OFFICER TO PICK THEM UP.

-LEAVING STAFF NOTES: Occasionally I come in and find cryptic notes at
the InfoBar computers or on the staff desk. The preferred place is the
staff desk, and if you must leave us a note about something that
happened the day before please sign your name. I often have follow-up
questions and then I have no one to ask because there is no name on the
note.