[Circulation] RESERVE BOOKS ON THE RESHELVING CARTS AND GREEN SLIPS IN HOLD BOOKS

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Sun Feb 2 10:39:22 EST 2014

Hello All,

Today I found 2 Reserve books on the A-HN cart.  These books have the
yellow Reserve tape on them above the call number.  PLEASE REMEMBER TO
RESHELVE RESERVE BOOKS ON THE RESERVE SHELVES ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE
HOLD SHELF, NOT ON THE RESHELVING CARTS!

Also, when you check in a book and it has a hold for one of our
patrons OR it has a hold at one of the other 4 colleges, you MUST put
a green hold slip in the book!  When the book is going on our hold
shelf you need to write the patron's name on the slip as well as the
date the hold expires.  Holds expire 7 days from the date they go on
the hold shelf.  If the book is going to one of the other schools,
circle the institution it is going to and put the book on that 5C
return shelf.  And don't forget that any books with holds for the
patron HC RESERVES should go on Bev's desk when the circ office is
open, or left on the staff desk at the InfoBar if the book is returned
when the office is locked.

Questions about any of this?  Ask me, Bev, or Courtney.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: