[Circulation] REPLACING TONER CARTRIDGES IN THE COPIERS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Sat Apr 19 10:40:37 EDT 2014

Hello All,

On Friday night Courtney found 2 nearly empty toner cartridges in the
cabinet at the InfoBar. There were two problems with this scenario:
First, the cartridges were replaced before they were completely empty.
We get warning messages as the toner and drum cartridges get below 20%.
IGNORE THE MESSAGES AND LET THE MACHINES RUN UNTIL THE TONER REACHES 0%.
The machines are extremely efficient and will print until there is no
toner left in them. Replace the cartridge only after the machine will no
longer print. You can easily check to see the percentage of toner and
drum left by pressing the MACHINE STATUS button, then pressing the
SUPPLIES tab. The second problem was that the nearly empty toners were
put back in the storage cabinet. Please remember that the empty
cartridges must be given to me or Courtney so that we can trade them in
for full ones in Duplications. If you end up replacing toner when the
circulation office is closed please leave the empty cartridge on the
staff desk or on the red cart outside the circulation office. Toner
tends to run out during the most inconvenient times, usually late at
night and on the weekends, so it is of utmost importance that we always
have full cartridges on hand. Courtney left the 2 nearly empty toners,
one with 8% and one with 13%, on the staff desk - use these if you need
to replace any this weekend.

By the way, the left copier keeps beeping as I write this even though it
has paper. I will be placing a work order for that Monday. So far it
seems to be printing. Keep your fingers crossed...

Thank you for your help with this,