[Circulation] RESERVES: METAL DETECTOR AND IPAD, MOLDY BOOKS

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 20 15:26:49 EDT 2013

Hello All,

You should be aware that we have a metal detector on reserve for
Charlie Ross' Ecology class.  It's kept in the closet in the
circulation office.  For student workers who need to check it out when
circ staff have gone, there is a key in the locked key box that will
let you in to the circ office.  The metal detector checks out for a 3
hour loan period.

While we are talking about late night/weekend access to the circ
office, please be reminded that we have a hepa vacuum in the office
for those books that are brought down from the stacks and still have
mold on them.  This is a possibility as only a quick clean of the
spines was performed last weekend.  A full-on clean up will take place
later, in the meantime vacuum any books with visible mold using the
machine next to my desk.  Vacuum the front and back covers and the
exposed edges of the pages before checking the items out to patrons.

Lastly, we will soon be getting an ipad to circulate for reserve.  As
of this writing we have not yet received it.  It will circulate for
Sara Rafferty's class.  If the TA shows up with it this weekend please
let me know and lock it in the wood cabinet on the side of the
InfoBar.  The key to lock that cabinet will be in the locked key box,
on a green coil key ring.

Thanks and please ask if you have questions about this email.

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/hamplibrary