[Circulation] InfoBar Reminders

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 20 09:18:00 EDT 2013

Hello All,

Several reminders for staffing the InfoBar:

-When you first come in for a shift, please check the Gimlet questions
that have been logged since your last shift.  Also, please make sure
the copiers have paper in them and tidy up the table between the
copiers.

-Please make sure to log all the questions you answer in Gimlet.

-We've been finding Hampshire books with holds on them on the
reshelving carts.  Please watch the screen as you check books in so
that you do not miss hold notices.  Make sure all hold books destined
for our hold shelf get green slips marked with the patron's name and
the date the item went on hold before going on the hold shelf.

-Twice this week lap desks have been returned without being checked
in.  Please make sure they get checked in and not just placed back on
the pile at the desk.

-We have a small collection of items on Open Reserve.  These are
shelved in order by class outside of the west end stairwell, next to
the beginning of the reference collection.  These books may not be
checked out - they are for use in the library only.  If you come
across any of these at the desk, they have green reserve tape and
should be shelved with their class.

-We no longer have a reshelving area for cds.  Please reshelve cds as
they come in.  They are close enough to the desk for you to do this,
please do not let then accumulate on the carts.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: