[Circulation] IMPORTANT: FINDING SUBS, PROCEDURES AND POLICIES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 21 12:03:31 EDT 2013

Hello All,

Some of you have been submitting some rather last minute sub requests
lately.  In most cases your coworkers are able to accommodate your sub
requests right away.   When no one jumps at your sub requests please
remember the following:

-You are ultimately responsible for finding a sub for your shift.  If
you cannot find a sub you MUST WORK YOUR SHIFT.  It is not fair to
just not show up and make the person before you stay on to cover your
shift also.

-If it's getting down to the wire and no one has taken your shift you
must contact your coworkers individually using the contact list on the
Libguide:

  http://libguides.hampshire.edu/content.php?pid=434829&sid=3557894

Both email addresses and phone numbers are listed there.  Courtney and
I may also send out additional calls for subs on the circstaff list,
but take into account that we are practically not on our email on the
weekends so it is especially important that you act quickly to cover
your shifts.

-IF YOU ARE IN A POSITION WHERE THE PERSON RELIEVING YOU DOES NOT SHOW UP:
    -First call the person coming in after you to see if they are on their way
    -Please remain at the desk and do not leave the library unattended!
    -Use the contact list to call your coworkers to see if someone can
     relieve you
    -Call or email me so that I know what has happened

Thank you and please contact me if there are any questions about this email.

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/hamplibrary