[Circulation] IMPORTANT: PORTAL COMMITTEE RESERVES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 22 15:11:41 EDT 2013

Hello All,

We were asked by Mark Spiro, chair of the Portal Committee, to
circulate bound copies of architects' proposals for the new Welcome
Center.  If you are unfamiliar with what the Welcome Center is all
about go to the blog: sites.hampshire.edu/portal.

These proposals are spiral bound and shelved with the reserves just
beyond the library-owned books.  They will be checked out for 24
hours, BUT ONLY TO MEMBERS OF THE PORTAL COMMITTEE!  These proposals
are currently confidential, and I've posted a list of the committee
members on one of the shelves with the proposals so that you can
verify who can borrow them.   There are 5 copies of each of the 20
proposals, and any committee member may borrow all 20 proposals at
once if they wish.  There are a couple of copier paper boxes at the
back of the circ area in case a member wants to carry off all 20 at
once.  The proposals are in alphabetical order by the name of the
architectural firm.  It's hard to discern the name of the firm on some
of the covers so I put the first letter of the firm's name to the left
of the barcode for easier shelving.  Committee members need to view
these proposals by the end of next week, so they should be coming and
going pretty frequently next week.

Please ask me if any part of this message is unclear or if you have
trouble checking out any of these proposals.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: