[Circulation] THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED IF THE COLLEGE CLOSES TOMORROW

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 7 12:48:20 EST 2013

Hello All,

Although we would normally keep the library open and staffed with
student workers, we have been told by the campus Emergency Response
Team that the library WILL CLOSE if the college is officially closed.
We may get an announcement about a college closure this afternoon.
The library would then remain closed until we get an announcement that
the college will re-open.  Saturday students, I will communicate with
you separately about this.

In the meantime,  please check the Hub to make sure that your cell
phone is enrolled to receive emergency announcements from the campus.
IT is going to send an announcement  with more information about this.
  Here is my story about why this is important:  during the October
snowstorm two years ago my home was without power for a week.  My only
means of receiving communication from the college about when the
college would re-open were the texts to my cell phone, which is not a
smart phone.

Thank you and you will most likely hear from me again soon,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/hamplibrary