[Circulation] END OF SEMESTER / JANTERM SCHEDULES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Dec 6 09:38:21 EST 2013

Hello All,

This email will address the end of semester and Janterm schedules.

End of Semester:
The late shifts end on the night of next Thursday, 12/12.  After that,
we will be open regular hours, until midnight, through Monday, 12/16.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK YOUR REGULAR SHIFTS OR FIND SUBS THROUGH
THE 16TH.  Beginning on Tuesday, 12/17, work will be OPTIONAL BUT
ENCOURAGED IF YOU ARE STILL ON CAMPUS.  The library will be open until
10pm on Tuesday, 12/17, then until 4:30p.m. Wednesday through Friday,
12/18 - 12/20.  I've posted a temporary schedule on the bulletin board
at the back of the circulation area.  You put yourself on the schedule
for whatever shifts you are available to cover.  If a couple of you
would be able to cover between 4 and 10pm on the 17th that would be
great, we'd like Courtney to have the opportunity to leave for her
dinner break.

Winter Break / Janterm:
The library will close for break on Friday, 12/20 at 4:30p.m.  We will
remain closed through Wednesday, January 1 and reopen on Thursday,
January 2.  All students, including late shift hires, may work the
through the end of the semester and Janterm.  During Janterm we will
stay open until 10pm each night, including the weekends.  You may sign
up for hours on the Janterm schedule, also posted on the bulletin
board.  If you choose a weekend shift please be aware that Janterm
weekends do not rotate and you will work both weekends.  The Janterm
schedule runs through Thursday, 1/16.  It is my understanding that
students going away for the spring semester may still work during
Janterm.  I'm emailing Janel in Student Employment to confirm this.

Please let me know if you will be working during Janterm.  Also,
please let me know if you are not returning to work during the spring
term.  I expect everyone to return unless I am told that you are going
on leave.  Late night hires, you may work through spring as subs and
then the late shifts at the end of the semester.

Please check in with me if you have any questions about scheduling.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: