[Circulation] Replacing Toner in the Copiers

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 13 09:24:42 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Replacing toner cartridges in the new photocopiers is even easier than
in the old machines.  The cartridges are kept in the cabinet that is
to the left of the old key cabinet.  All you have to do is open the
front cover of the copier and pull out the old cartridge with the
orange tab.  A diagram of this procedure is on the inside of the
copier cover.  All you have to do is slide the new cartridge in.
There is a big arrow on the cartridge indicating how it should be put
in.  Whoever is working at the desk at the time it runs out is
responsible for changing the toner.  Please be aware that the machines
are smart and show messages to order toner when the toner is low.
Please do not change the cartridge until the machine stops printing
and the display tells you that the cartridge is empty.  We can get
quite a few more copies/prints from the machine after the Order Toner
prompt displays.

Questions or want a demo of this procedure?  Please ask and I'll be
happy to show you.

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: