[Circulation] Temporary Schedule and Changes for this Semester

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 4 16:18:21 EDT 2012

Hello All,

If you have not yet please sign up for hours on the temporary
schedule.  Friday, Monday, and Tuesday are pretty bare right now.

We will have the meeting to determine your fall schedules a week from
today on Tuesday, 9/11 at 5:30pm in the Bradford Room.  During the
first half of the meeting you will draw numbers for shifts, then you
will pick day, evening, and weekend shifts in that order.   You will
begin working those regular fall shifts on Wednesday, 9/12.

Two things you need to know about immediately: several classes are
being taught in the 2nd floor training room (room #205) throughout the
semester.  Professors will come asking to check out the key before
their classes begin.  Please be aware that there is no list for this
key so just check the key out to the professor.

Also, we have a new key box mounted below the circulation desk.  We
are no longer using the headphone cabinet.  To open it, press the
numbers 8537 and turn the knob to the right.  Please close the box
immediately after getting the key that you need.  We hope that this
system is more secure and that no keys will go missing again.

Lastly, there will be some changes of what is expected of you at the
circulation desk.  Specifically, you will be asked to do more than
just staff the desk and shelve books.  More will come on that later.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook: