[Circulation] KEYS, PRINTING A-4 DOCUMENTS, ILL PROBLEMS, SINGING BOWL

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:12:31 EDT 2012

Hello All,

Some Reminders:

-Keys: As far as keys to the rooms in the library, we circulate keys
for the video carrels and the 2nd floor training room to all patrons.
Faculty and staff who have booked rooms in the Bradford, Hill Urbina,
or 3rd floor IT training rooms must get the keys to these rooms from a
staff person in the main office.  We do not lend these keys to
students, that is why they do not circulate in the keybox.

-Printing A-4 Documents: International students are having problems
printing documents because their computers' default paper size is A4,
which is not recognized by the printers.  When you have an A4 document
that will not print, delete that job and have the student resend it.
This time, when sending the print command change the paper size in the
print options to 8.5 X 11.  In some versions of Word there is a check
box that says "Scale to Fit."  Check that box and then drop down to
8.5 X 11.

-ILL problems:  We have been having trouble loading new patrons in to
the database that allows them to place Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
requests.  Until this load is successful each new patron must be added
to the database by hand.  If you encounter patrons who tell you that
they are not able to do ILL requests, have them see me or Courtney.
To reiterate, ILLs are requests for books and articles not owned by
Hampshire or the five colleges.  There is a link to the ILL request
form on the library webpage.  Students log in with their name and
7-digit student ID number. On the weekend, please have the patron
email both of us (Courtney is cacLO at hampshire.edu) in case one of us
gets to it before the other.  I don't have a smartphone so I have
limited email access throughout the weekend.

-Singing Bowl:  Every day at 4:30 there are student-led meditation
sessions in the Kiva.  The students who lead these sessions check out
the singing bowl and wood "tapper" at 4:30 and return them after the
session ends.  Please make sure to check both pieces out to the
student and then check them back in when the items are returned.
These items live on the reserve shelf near the DVDs.

Thank you and please ask if you have questions about any of this.

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419

Follow the Library on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/hamplibrary