[Circulation] New Archivist and Important Printing News and ILL Not Working

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 16 14:55:31 EST 2012

Hello All,

New Archivist:
Today our new archivist, Jimi Jones, began working.  If anyone
inquires using the archives please direct them to him at
jljones at hampshire.edu or x-5761.  His office is on the 3rd floor, next
to the L section.

Printing News:
I've encountered several first-time printers this morning.  Just to
refresh your memories, double sided printing is enabled when you send
a print command and then use the drop down where Copies and Pages is.
Drop that menu down to Layout.  Below that is the option for
Double-Sided Printing, drop that menu down to Long Edge Binding.

Adding Value to Print Accounts:
If I can get to it I will add value to some printing cards in case
students need to print when there is not a staff person here to add
value to their accounts.  Another option is for one of you to "gift"
some of your printing account to a student in need.  To do this go to
papercut.hampshire.edu, then click Log in to Papercut and log in with
your Hampshire username and password.  Click Transfers, then indicate
the amount and the username of the person you are giving value to.
There is even a comment field where you can write a note.  Then let me
know you've done this in case you will need that value credited back
to your account.

ILL Not Working Right Now:
Students were having trouble requesting ILLs earlier today.  Michael,
our database librarian, is out today and I've emailed him to let him
know we're having problems.  If problems persist over the weekend,
please have patrons email Courtney their ILL requests until this
problem is resolved.

Thank you and have a good weekend.

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419